Friday, April 14, 2017

Day 8.2

     All I need is to be holding an ice cream cone in one hand and I could be the "before picture" for a Jenny Craig ad.

It's ok, we can acknowledge the truth here.

     When I asked my husband to snap this photo of Ben driving me (and 4 of his favorite matchbox cars) around in a playground tractor, I was feeling good. I had on my new Athleta leggings, I'd been doing well with eating and exercise and I had been actively playing with my kids who were having a great time on our first day of spring break. Swiping through my photos on the car ride home, I was horrified to see the shapeless blob splayed out on the tractor.
     
     I'm a work in progress. Whether we are talking about my health, my family, my career- I'm constantly trying to be better. In this moment of fun with my son, I'm not concerned with poor posture or ill-fitting sports bras. I'm concerned with looking out for imaginary animals on an imaginary farm. I've spent a lot of time with running, Pilates and meal planning. This was the time for quality interaction with my son.  

     And yes, that is my daughter in the unattended stroller…like I said, I'm a work in progress. 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment