Saturday, May 3, 2014

Day 44

     The weather has been showing signs of improvement and that only means one thing....

Yes, this selfie was taken in a mirror on the side of playground equipment. 


     Shorts.
     (Ok, maybe it means more than one thing. But in the context of this post, it only means shorts.)

     This is the first time in two years that I have worn shorts. Seriously. Pregnant summers do not work for my legs (swollen would be an understatement) so these gams have been kept under wraps for quite a while. Today I decided to bite the bullet and put on a pair and it was actually much better than I thought it would be (thank you Pilates).

     I've always had an aversion to shorts & skirts-anything that allows the general public to see my legs. I'm petite and (usually) have muscular legs- not the easiest combination to dress. Also, due to my thick thighs, shorts always ride up when I walk/run. When I am training for a race, the amount of BodyGlide I purchase to deal with chaffing borders on the obscene. I go through phases where I absolutely hate my legs, but then I am reminded of all the amazing things they have done for me and I love them for all they are. My mom always used to say it takes a strong foundation to build a cathedral- I like to think of them as my foundation.
     So, welcome warm weather- I'm not letting my vanity hold me back from enjoying you anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment