Friday, June 13, 2014

Day 49

     I must apologize for the delay in posting. It's been a very hectic few weeks around here- more to come on that later but for now, I share another #tbt photo.


      Recently I've been thinking about the way I portray myself on social media. There have been quite a few instances of teachers being reprimanded or disciplined because of Facebook pages or other social media presences. I thought back to our wedding day when one of my lovely sixth grade students who sang at the ceremony (and is probably reading this entry) told her father that she saw two things at the wedding she never expected to see in her life- Ms. D kissing a boy and drinking alcohol. In other news, I'm glad Facebook didn't exist when I was in college...
     Personally, I don't have an issue with anyone seeing a picture of me with alcohol. I am over 21, I don't drink and drive, and I'm a responsible adult- who happens to like beer and wine. As far as kissing anyone (Did I mention how happy I am that Facebook wasn't around during college?), I am happily married! Why should I be afraid of anyone finding this blog or seeing photos that I have been tagged in. This is me. I don't hide who I am and quite frankly, I think it's awesome that I have been so honest with my struggles through this blog. I may have felt much better about myself growing up if I realized that others felt the same way as me.
     So, here you go world- this is me kissing my husband and drinking champagne. It's not the first time, nor will it be the last. Well, I guess technically speaking, this is the first time I kissed my husband and drank champagne, but you know what I mean!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment