Thursday, March 2, 2017

Day 2.2

     In a rare quiet moment today I sat down to enjoy a decaf Americano, my reward for making it to 1:00PM without breaking down in tears.

Going to the CVS in Target means I can pick up the baby's antibiotics and Starbucks

     My table looks like it is in much better condition than it actually is. The photo does not show the carvings, heat marks and chips along the edges. I looked at the picture I inadvertently took when I pulled out my phone and contemplated how viewing this tiny portion of the table gives off the impression that it is well cared for. Is the picture hiding the wear and tear, or is it simply focused on a section of smooth wood?
   
     I'm often unsure about how I should respond to inquiries about my well being. Do I share that anxiety prevented me from sleeping the previous night? Or do I focus on the joy of my daughter saying "Hi!" to everyone she saw at the grocery store?
     The truth is, I don't have to choose- I can simultaneously experience joy and fight my battles. Acknowledging the good, doesn't take away the bad, just as acknowledging the bad doesn't rob me of the good. Does this make sense?

     I'm not sure I am articulating myself here, but it was a good realization for me and something I want to continue to process.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment