Monday, March 27, 2017

Day 6.2


     We've reached the point where I have completely given up and just let the baby eat the Cheerios of the floor.


Clearly a third child


      I'd say I'm embarrassed, but truthfully, I'm not. This is the kid who clung to the 1st percentile in weight for months, falling off the charts more than a few times. She enjoys her food now and if the only way for me to make dinner is to give her a cup of Cheerios, which she promptly dumps on the floor, so be it. 
     The mobility of the baby has completely disrupted life. I used to be able to contain her to a room and distract her with toys and songs. Now there is a big, wide world out there for her to explore and unfortunately our home doesn't really work with gates. So I follow her around to keep her from climbing up the stairs, grabbing a bottle of wine, crawling out an open door and eating every piece of fuzz she can find. All the while, she turns back to make sure I'm watching and gives me the biggest grin. My heart soars every time. 
     Honestly, I had hoped she might be a quiet child who would stay in one place and calmly keep herself amused, so that I could continue to run a household. Thankfully, Caroline didn't get the memo and is growing into quite a feisty little girl! 
     She challenges me each day in ways the boys never did. I'm so grateful she's here. 
     
     On another note, I can finally see my feet again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment