Saturday, March 11, 2017

Day 4.2

     One year with three children and we are still here.

Yes, that is a bottle of amoxicillin behind me. It's been a rough week.


     We've gone through a lot this past year, but we've gone through a lot every other year.  Thinking back on the early days of our relationship and reflecting on how far we've come as individuals, partners and now a family of five, I'm proud of us. While nothing prepares you for raising children, we were certainly prepared to work together to navigate the tough times.

     Three children is hard, but so were the days with no children. On the mornings I long to sleep in, I remember the mornings that we had an empty bed. When I'm exhausted and thinking about all the things I've lost- sleep, time, energy, my mind… I try to refocus on all that I have gained. Also, I share a bottle of bubbly with my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment