Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Day 27

     I should probably never have a nice car again.

Those coffee stains are probably from 2013...

     I went to Target today like every other stay-at-home mom in America does. It's just so easy to navigate with a baby. I know where everything is, I can buy baby items, food items, cleaning supplies, yoga pants and adorable house decor all in one place. Plus there is a Starbucks, so it's pretty much the best place ever. 
     On my way out I had a quick but lovely conversation with the woman parked next to me. Turns out she also has two boys and we bonded over the shared experiences of potty training and sibling rough housing. We said good-bye and got in our respective cars but neither of us moved. I glanced over after a few minutes and saw and we were both sitting in our driver seats eating a snack, drinking our coffee and staring off into space. 
     Cars are both a source of relaxation and terror when you've got young children. When the kids are content or even asleep, you can listen to your favorite music, drink a HOT cup of coffee and not worry about anyone touching you. When they are screaming or crying, you cannot get me out of the car fast enough. 
     My car has teething toys, gloves, coats, dirt, snacks, old coffee cups, new coffee cups, baby carriers, dirt, changes of clothes (for all of us), books, toys-did I mention dirt?- just about everything you'd imagine. To put it bluntly, this vehicle is a disaster zone. It's not the adorable orange convertible Beetle that I previously owned, but it is my space and I love it- provided no one screaming! 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment