Saturday, April 12, 2014

Day 37

     So this is technically supposed to be a #tbt edition, but how could I not share this photo?

This may be the happiest I've looked sitting at a piano


     Music. It's my life, it's the air I breathe, it runs through my veins, but somehow I still find myself so intimidated when surrounded by professionals. I know making music gives me joy- the kind of joy Ben is demonstrating above- but I'm never quite sure of myself.
     I don't know where I belong in the musical world. I started out in choir, fell in love with musical theater, trained to be a classical/operatic singer and then ended up in the general music/choral classroom in elementary and middle school. I guess I feel like a jack of all trades, master of none. 
     
     So, tonight  I rehearsed with a choir for the Broadway Battles Bullying benefit that I previously wrote about and I totally freaked out on the train ride in. I sat in the back back row with my pencil ready and my music already learned (both alto and soprano). Within moments of starting rehearsal, I knew I was where I needed to be. The exhilaration of singing this glorious music with others who feel so passionate about the cause of the benefit brought me to tears, although thank goodness I was able to control myself and not sob like a crazy person! 
     
     Professional self confidence is a topic I think I need to approach. For now, I am content to look at the joy on our faces as "we" practiced the music. And I look forward to seeing the joy on faces in the audience when this music is performed! 

     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment