Saturday, April 5, 2014

Day 32

     I want to look you in the eye and tell you something.

No concealer, no make-up, no problem.

     Thank you. 

     In the past week I have received emails, phone calls, texts- even a package in the mail! All of these have been messages of support and encouragement for what I am attempting to do with this blog, which is basically present myself in an honest way. I never imagined it would get the reaction it has. I am so amazed by the response I have received this far along into the project and I am seriously considering continuing this beyond the 40 days. I've never really thought of myself as anything other than a musician and the reaction I'm getting to my writing has me rethinking that label. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

     On to the picture. I've noticed that in my interactions with others I have begun avoiding eye contact. I don't know why- it may be that I'm self conscious of the frazzled state I'm in or maybe I'm just distracted. Either way, starting today I'm going to make the effort to look people in the eye more. If I'm talking to you, feel free to call me out if I'm not making eye contact. I want people to know I'm listening and am engaged in the conversation. I think I've lost that, but I'm going to work on getting it back. 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment