Sunday, April 13, 2014

Day 38

     So, this is my stomach.

"All right Mr. DeMille, I'm [not quite] ready for my close-up," 

     Having children affects many areas of the body, but one of the most obvious and "public" places is the abdominal region. How many magazine covers do we see of celebrities showing off their bikini-ready bodies just 6 weeks after giving birth? It was so refreshing to see Princess Kate leave the hospital with a normal post-partum belly- then the magazines had to ruin it for me when they showed pictures of her "toned abs" as she played volleyball with school children a few months later. Of course I know that I didn't look like her to begin with, but since our sons share the same birthday and the media loves to follow the royal couple, I can't help but compare myself a little.
     Anyway, I am showing my belly here because I'm actually pretty proud of what I have accomplished through Pilates and exercise. I still have a way to go until I feel comfortable with the lower abdominal region, but I'm getting there. 
     The real struggle for me is going to be when we travel to Las Vegas at the end of next month. Somehow I need to gear myself up to wear a swimsuit in public. But hey, if I can post a picture on the internet that reveals my stomach for all to see, stepping out in a bikini probably isn't so bad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment