Sunday, April 13, 2014

Day 40

    It is becoming increasingly hard to find/take pictures of myself that don't involve a kid and I am coming to terms with that. There will be plenty of days in my future when I will wish for my children to be near me, so I am going to soak it all in now. It seemed fitting that I end the 40 Day project with a photo of the boys who make me want to be a better role model. 

If you've ever wondered what I look like first thing in the morning, wonder no more.

     I tried to think about what these past 40 days have been for me- what have I learned? 
  • My son can take some pretty great pictures.
  • I can look very different from one day to the next.
  • Even when I think I'm at my worst, it's possible to find something about myself that is beautiful.
  • Almost everyone feels the way I have at some point in their lives.
  • Vanity can be pretty destructive.
  • Treating myself with kindness has lead me to be a kinder person to others. 
  • Honesty is amazing.
  • Motherhood has infiltrated every area of my life. And I'm OK with that. 
  • This project isn't over.
     I cannot stop this now. It's been too good for me- I recently told someone it's the cheapest therapy I've ever been in. And no, I'm not being sarcastic! I want to continue this idea of looking at each day through a photograph and sharing that with the world. 

     So, hopefully you won't mind if I continue to put myself out there. I hope you try it, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment