Sunday, April 13, 2014

Day 39

     My haircare and maintenance schedule used to be pretty rock solid. I'd get my hair highlighted or colored before the roots got bad and I would make sure to trim my hair often to keep the ends neat. Now I'm lucky if it's washed.

Awkward/backward hair selfie

     Today, after much deliberation, I decided to go back to blonde. I thought that brunette would suit me better and I was under the impression that my hair was getting darker anyway. However, it turns out the color is going in the opposite direction....

     A few months ago I found my first grey hair. I texted my sister immediately with a picture of the offending hair. How could this happen? I had never seen a grey hair on my head ever, yet here was this long white strand that said otherwise. Of course, once you find one, you search your head daily to see if there are others. And there are. Many more! I had never noticed them before but clearly this did not happen overnight.
     The grey doesn't bother me too much- it's the idea of maintaining the darker color that gets me most upset. I haven't have a hair cut since before Ben was born and haven't had my color done in 6 months. Therefore, I decided to go back to blonde with highlights in the hopes of gracefully accepting the grey.

     So, I must address the age old questions- Do blondes have more fun? I never really noticed a difference, but I'm thinking/hoping that maybe the greys might!

No comments:

Post a Comment