Monday, April 7, 2014

Day 34


     Did you ever wonder what you looked like when running?

     Well stop wondering, because unless you're some sort of graceful gazelle, it isn't good.

If I wasn't concentrating on taking this picture, I could totally run a 7 minute mile.

     I don't know what possessed me to take this picture today. Maybe it's because my pictures haven't been highlighting the physical appearance issues I wanted to tackle. Whatever the reason, this is a real doozy!
     I am stopping myself right now before I start critiquing the picture. I'm not mentioning anything I'm concerned with. I'm throwing all that negativity out.
     I ran 5k in 35 minutes. I'm getting there. I had glimpses of speed. I finally told myself to suck it up and start pushing. I have been insisting that I couldn't run faster than 5mph because of nursing (that it would hurt my supply). Ben is 8 months old, eating three meals a day and I've been doing just fine- that was an excuse, and no more excuses. So today I did interval training and started to pick up speed. It felt fantastic and I'm super sore- but the run was worth it. It's even worth looking like this while I'm doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment