Monday, March 17, 2014

Day 12

     Last night was the first time since we became a family of four that "everyone" slept through the night. It probably goes without saying that I woke up frequently, wondering why no one was crying for me! Hopefully this is a new trend in our house.

     A trend I would like to move past is the one where I keep my pajamas on until it is beyond acceptable to wear them.


Who wears leopard print pants and a heart covered Rutgers shirt at noon? 
 Not the teenage babysitter- it's lazy mom.

     It's not just the fact that I keep them on. They are mismatched, most likely covered in a combination of pee, spit up, milk, food and snot. Yes, unfortunately I'm serious. Don't worry, I do throw them in the washing machine- and usually forget to put them in the dryer. But still, it's not a very glamorous lifestyle. You could argue that I should just dress myself nicely anyway. The pile of 10 hand wash shirts in the laundry room tells you that's just not an option. At least not as frequently as I'd like.
     This morning, one thing led to another and before I knew it, it was almost noon and I was giving an unplanned bath to Lucas (don't ask why...) After a lot of splashing, crying over shampoo and figuring the perfect temperature of the water to rise soap out of hair, I finally had Lucas out of the tub and was drying him off when I grabbed him and started to tickle him.
     His face says it all-pure joy! We are both so happy to be giggling on the bathroom floor, carefree and enjoying the spontaneity. I could have chosen to be frustrated with the fact that I needed to stop what I was doing to clean him up or I could enjoy the additional mommy/son bonding time. I chose the later, and I'm so happy I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment