Friday, March 21, 2014

Day 17

So I'm going to make today #tbt because I've had a realization.

     I'm a very lucky woman. Not many folks in my position would be saying this. You see, my husband is currently in Key West at a bachelor party. I'm home with the kids and let's just say that they didn't hear my plea for a good night of sleep last night.
     I haven't been looking forward to this weekend. I could go into detail, but I'm pretty sure you can figure out my issues. Most importantly, I just miss my husband.


   
     I love this candid photo from our wedding (Thank you Dave & Amy Lau!). He is my best friend- My everything. On August 18, 2007 we took vows that we believed in, but couldn't quite comprehend until our marriage began. Who could have imagined that "in good times and bad" and "in sickness and in health" would come into play so quickly? He is my rock and I am his.

     Sometimes I lose sight of this. It's so easy to get caught up in work, the kids and whatnot. I was so frustrated over this trip because I felt it was inequitable. Don't get me wrong, I still do feel that way- I want a "girls trip" to someplace sunny and relaxing. But in the past two days I have been reminded of something I take for granted. I have an amazing husband. Our house is missing him right now.

     So almost seven years after this first dance, our relationship has grown more amazing every single day. No, it's not perfect, but it is real. And it is beautiful.

And our family can't wait to have him back for Dance Party!

No comments:

Post a Comment