Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Day 21


     When I was younger, my friends frequently commented on the roundness of cheeks. One friend in particular used to tell me I looked like a Cabbage Patch Kid. In hindsight I'm sure she meant it in the kindest way possible, but when you are an overweight kid who is already self conscious, it's hard to take any comments about your "round" appearance in a positive way.
     I think I grew into them as I got older.
   
Wait, was this post about my enormous cheeks or my enormous nose? 

     On three separate occasions in the past two days, Ben began to panic as he was falling asleep. The first time I was exhausted from feeding him, so I leaned down and put my cheek to his. Almost instantly his body relaxed, his breathing slowed and the crying stopped.
     Physical contact with his mommy's face was all my baby needed. Those chubby cheeks that embarrassed me as a kid were now comforting the chubby cheeks of my perfect little boy. Cheeks that looked just like mine.

It's amazing that the human touch can be so powerful. Maybe I am supermom after all!

1 comment:

  1. i love you. and this blog. you're going to have to change this title to Infinite Days of Beauty. P.S. I'm working on my first post!!!

    ReplyDelete