Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Day 15


     The pity party is over.
     After my confession last night I decided that I could sit there and beat myself up or I could get back to work and start refocusing energy on my health and well being.
     I chose the latter.

I've moved on to "gym selfies".

     Today could have been bad. Last night was another stellar production by the all-night  performance ensemble that lives in my house. Therefore, I did not make it to a mom group I was planning to visit at my gym. However, I did make it to the gym for a workout after my nap and coffee kicked in.
     I went in with a plan. I thought, what do I want more than anything right now fitness-wise. I want to run long distance again and with improved speed. I got on the treadmill and knew I only had half an hour, but I was going to make it count. I did speed work for the first time in a while and it felt fantastic! Then I went over to the weight area to work on arms and when I glanced in the mirror to check my form, I could see the return of some definition in my upper arms. Hooray! Also I'll be retiring these pants as they are officially too big! They may or may not be maternity pants, but it's still a step forward!
     I only had 55 minutes to work out because of childcare, but I made every minute count. I am so proud because I've walked this path before many times and I don't usually turn myself around the next day. Sometimes it's taken months for me to pull out of a negative space and get refocused. I have a lot of my friends and readers to thank for that. Many of you reached out to me last night and today and your encouragement means so much.
    Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment