Monday, March 17, 2014

Day 13

     I promise that every day I am thankful for, grateful for, amazed by and in love with my children. That being said, as I've embark on this photographic journey I am beginning to realize that my life pretty much revolves around them.

Who is this crazy woman and what is she doing to me?

     This is another one of Lucas's candid shots of mom. I was making silly faces and sounds at Ben and I promise he was enjoying the entertainment. This looks like a great moment, doesn't it?

     What the photograph doesn't capture is the tantrum that followed when we took my phone away from Lucas. And for the second time in two days I literally had to bite my tongue to keep from screaming at him to knock it off. I was smart and removed myself from the situation and in the end, we were able to salvage the night with some great bedtime story reading (Steam Train, Dream Train) and singing (I'd Like to Live on the Moon). But I have to admit, I was fuming for quite a bit. I still might be.
     
     I love my children and I wouldn't trade parenthood for anything, but that doesn't mean it's not exhausting. Just like anything in life I guess, if it isn't one thing, it's another? 

     When Lucas steals my phone and takes pictures of me, I can see that do I have a ton of fun with my family. It almost looks easy! But that's the view from the outside. From the inside, I'm constantly in doubt that I am somehow screwing them up. Every parent feels that way, don't they? That's how you know you're doing it right- you want to be better. Or is that just what we tell ourselves?


No comments:

Post a Comment