Sunday, March 23, 2014

Day 19

     I'm drinking a glass of wine and reflecting on the past few days. I might need the bottle.


Don't you ever think about leaving me alone with them again

     If it could have happened it did- the kids got sick, there were accidents, meltdowns, and messes. But guess what, that is life. This is what we go through. Humans are unpredictable. The best laid plans don't always go the way we want. Today I wanted to have a play date, make crafts, bake brownies, take a walk into town- none of that happened, not even close! But, the kids are clean, the house isn't completely destroyed and there is always tomorrow. 
     I'm not "Supermom". I need to stop trying to be her. I do the best I can and I need to accept that it's OK. I also do not need to parent on my own- I am so lucky to have an amazing partner and he and I get it done together. In his absence I realized that I am not taking care of everything, which I am sure I've thought at some point. We function as a team and I am so grateful for our partnership. He even seems happy to be close to me when I haven't showered since Friday and I've been puked on over a dozen times in the past 24 hours. 
     This is real love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment